Home > Consumer Info > Winter Maintenance
- Reprogram your thermostat settings for winter. This includes setting the clock to standard time. If your thermostat uses batteries it may be time to replace them.
- Clean or change the air filters.
- Keep doors and windows closed. This will reduce the heating load.
- Make sure your vents and grilles are unobstructed.
- Avoid excess use of exhaust fans.
- Open window shades and awnings to increase direct sunlight and lower the heating load.
- Make sure no heat-generating appliances are near your thermostat.
- Keep an air tight house